domenica 31 marzo 2019

Mimosa Knot - Nodo Mimosa

Mimosa Knot - Nodo Mimosa

Many of you asked me how I did the tip to rings and chains of this motif. As I already written in the previous post, it was an experiment and I thank you all for the support and interest that you have shown with your comments.

To work the motif I used thread Babylo size 30 and I inserted the tip instead of a picot both in the rings and in the chains.

To explain the process I used, wanted to write a long post full of photographs and detailed descriptions, but I just couldn't... so I made a video to show how I did the knot that I called Mimosa Knot.
Hope you like it!

To work the motif.

Abbreviations:
Ring = R
Chain = C
double stitch = ds
picot = p
Mimosa Knot = MK

Round 1: a single shuttle is needed.
R of 4ds - 1p - 4ds - 1MK - 4ds - 1p - 4ds. Close.
*R of 4ds - join to the last p of the previous R - 4ds - 1MK - 4ds - 1p - 4ds. Close.*
Repeat from *to* 3 more times, joining the last R to the first one. Cut and tie.

Round 2: two shutlles are needed.
Pass thread of shuttle 2 through a joining p from back to front of the work and wind shuttle 1 with about 15 cm of it.
Work *C of 10ds - 1MK - 10ds - join to the next p.*
Repeat from *to* 4 more times. Cut and tie.


In molti mi avete chiesto come ho fatto a realizzare la punta agli anelli e agli archi di questo motivo. Come già scritto nel post precedente, si è trattato di un esperimento e ringrazio tutti voi per il supporto e l'interesse che mi avete dimostrato con i vostri commenti.

Per lavorare il motivo ho usato il filo Babylo nr. 30 e ho inserito la punta al posto di un picot sia negli anelli che negli archi.

Per spiegare il procedimento che ho usato avrei voluto scrivere un lungo post pieno di fotografie e descrizioni dettagliate, ma non ci sono riuscita... così ho fatto un video per mostrare come ho lavorato il nodo che ho chiamato Nodo Mimosa.
Spero vi piaccia!

Per lavorare il motivo.

Abbreviazioni:
Anello = AN
Arco = AR
nodino doppio = nd
picot = p
Nodo Mimosa = NM
attaccare = att.
Chiudere = Ch.

Giro 1: si lavora con una sola navetta.
AN di 4nd - 1p - 4nd - 1NM - 4nd - 1p - 4nd. Ch.
*AN di 4nd - att. all'ultimo p dell'AN precedente - 4nd - 1NM - 4nd - 1p - 4nd. Ch.*
Ripetere da *a* altre 3 volte, unendo l'ultimo AN al primo. Tagliare e annodare i fili.

Giro 2: si lavora con due navette.
Passare il filo della navetta 2 attraverso uno dei p d'unione dal retro verso il davanti del lavoro e avvolgerlo nella navetta 1 per 15 cm circa.
Lavorare un *AR di 10nd - 1NM - 10nd - att. al p successivo.*
Ripetere da *a* altre 4 volte. Tagliare e annodare i fili.

12 commenti:

  1. I can see it could be difficult to explain, so the video works well, thank you. I’ll try it today, seeing as it’s international tatting day. Good timing.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Many thanks! Happy International Tatting Day to you too :-)

      Elimina
  2. Grazie per il video, è un simpatico punto, la tua spiegazione è molto chiara e sono riuscita a riprodurlo.

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thank you- gorgeous technique, clear and easy to understand video, I can’t wait to try it!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Thank you so much for sharing the process, Daniela :-) I tried it on the ring and will be blogging my first trials in a few minutes (writing my thoughts ;-D).
    Would love to get your feedback...

    RispondiElimina
  5. I adore tatting. Everyone is charming. It does not matter whether it goes to inside or from inside. Its cute!

    RispondiElimina