giovedì 21 marzo 2019

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

Introduction.

I don't know if this stitch, or something similar, already exists in the shuttle tatting (I will be happy to read your comments on this); the first time I made it was just by chance.
I was working on a pattern and I wanted to fill a large space inside the motif when the shuttle started to work almost autonomously, guiding me in the creation of a delicate weave... delicate like a filigree. Hence the choice of the name.


Premessa.

Non so se questo punto, o qualcosa di simile, esiste già nel chiacchierino a navetta (sarò felice di leggere i vostri commenti al riguardo); la prima volta che l'ho realizzato è stato solo per caso.
Stavo lavorando a un modello e volevo riempire un ampio spazio all'interno del motivo quando la navetta ha iniziato a lavorare quasi autonomamente, guidandomi nella realizzazione di un intreccio delicato... delicato come una filigrana. Da qui la scelta del nome.

***

How I worked.

First of all, I made the motif: R of 4ds - 3p separated by 4ds - 4ds. Close and Reverse Work. C of 12ds. RW.
*R of 4ds - join to the last p of the previous R - 4ds - 2p separated by 4ds - 4ds. Close and RW. C of 12ds. RW.*
Repeat from *to* 10 more times, taking care to join the last ring to the first one.
Cut and tie the threads.


Come ho lavorato.

Per prima cosa ho realizzato il motivo: AN di 4nd - 3p divisi da 4nd - 4nd. Chiudere e voltare. AR di 12nd. Voltare.
*AN di 4nd - attaccarsi all'ultimo p dell'AN precedente - 4nd - 2p divisi da 4nd - 4nd. Chiudere e voltare. AR di 12nd. Voltare.*
Ripetere da *a* altre 10 volte, avendo cura di unire l'ultimo anello al primo.
Tagliare e annodare i fili.

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

In these photos, I show filigree stitch step by step.
It is worked on the back of the work and is formed by a series of Lock Join for each round of its processing.
The motif has 12 inner picots, so I made 12LJ and, in order to complete the first round, I added the 13th LJ worked into the first picot (13LJ in total - photos from 1 to 6).


In queste foto mostro il punto filigrana passo passo.
Si lavora sul rovescio del lavoro ed è formato da una serie di Lock Join per ciascun giro della sua  lavorazione.
Il motivo ha 12 picot interni, così ho eseguito 12LJ e, per completare il primo giro, ho aggiunto la 13ma LJ lavorata sul primo picot (13LJ in totale - foto da 1 a 6).

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

Then I started  the second round, working the next LJ over the bare thread between the LJ of the previous round. This necessary alternation gives a pinwheel effect to the stitch.

Quindi ho iniziato il secondo giro, lavorando le successive LJ sul segmento di filo tra le LJ del giro precedente. Questa necessaria alternanza regala un effetto girandola al punto.

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

I used a marker to indicate the start of the round and worked 12LJ, then I removed the marker and closed the round working the 13th LJ into that space (photos from 7 to 9). The second round has been made.
3rd round: I repeated another time working 13LJ (photos 10 and 11).
At this point the space within the motif has been reduced, so I started the 4th round skiping the first bare thread to obtain 12LJ in total (photo 12).
5th round: 12LJ.
6th round: 6LJ (I skiped the first bare thread - 1LJ - skiped the next bare thread  - 1LJ and continuing in this way up to complete the round).
7th round: 6LJ.
8th round: 3LJ (worked as for the 6th round).


Ho utlizzato un marcatore per segnare l'inizio del giro e ho lavorato 12LJ, poi ho rimosso il marcatore e chiuso il giro lavorando la 13ma LJ in quello spazio (foto da 7 a 9). Il secondo giro è stato completato.
3° giro: ho ripetuto un'altra volta lavorando 13LJ (foto 10 e 11).
A questo punto lo spazio all'interno del motivo si è ridotto, quindi ho iniziato il 4° giro saltando il primo segmento di filo per ottenere 12LJ in totale (foto 12).
5° giro: 12LJ.
6° giro: 6LJ (ho saltato il primo segmento - 1LJ - ho saltato il segmento successivo - 1LJ e continuando in questo modo fino a completare il giro).
7° giro: 6LJ.
8° giro: 3LJ (lavorate con per il 6° giro).

Filigree Stitch - Punto Filigrana

At the end I hidden the ends through some LJ stitches.

Alla fine ho nascosto le estremità attraverso alcuni punti di LJ.

25 commenti:

  1. Dear Daniela. At least you are.
    This doily is so amazing, I have ever seen!
    And incredible done pattern!
    Greetings, Daniela

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Hi Aleksandra, I'm very happy to read your comment. Thank you so much for you support, dear friend. Kisses.

      Elimina
  2. It's gorgeous!!!! :) Thank you for sharing!!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Bello e particolare, non mi pare di aver mai visto questo modo di usare i LJ con la costruzione dall'esterno verso il centro, interessante e creativa 😍

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Grazie Ninetta, sono felice che ti piaccia. Penso di provare altre varianti, sia all'interno che all'estero del motivo. Quando un'idea entra in testa non è facile liberarsene :)

      Elimina
  4. Spectacular filling and effect !!! And so neatly accomplished. You keep outdoing yourself :-)))

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. After a long forced break, I returned to my blog and I'm happy to read your comment. Thank you very for your support :)

      Elimina
  5. Thank you for sharing such a new and beautiful technique.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you Brenda for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. I'm glad you like my attempt to create something different in a such beautiful art like tatting shuttle.

      Elimina
    2. How delicate. Looks like lace work done in times past. Thank you so much for sharing your work. Debra Gabriel

      Elimina
    3. Just its delicate look inspired me this name.
      Many thanks for your comment :-)

      Elimina
  6. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina
  7. Lovely look of needle lace! I can't wait to try it! I'm lucky I found the original post in one of the facebook groups. I had seen a lot of ladies trying it and didn't know where they found the pattern.

    RispondiElimina
  8. Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad you like my pattern. I made Filigree Stitch with a shuttle, but it can be worked with a needle too.

    RispondiElimina
  9. meraviglioso, mille grazie per avere condiviso questa tecnica!

    RispondiElimina
  10. Dziękuję za pokazanie tego pomysłu. Jest genialny. Pozdrawiam

    RispondiElimina